Friday, August 9, 2013

The Universal Language

August 7, 2013


Anziano Benson and Davis with???
Well, I have to say that everything is going great, and I have nothing to complain about. The people we are teaching are just awesome, but at the same time it has required me to work very hard. The people that we are teaching have many doubts, concerns, questions, and comments.  I’ve never had to focus so much on our investigators because they just require our attention; calling them every day and making sure that everything is ok, but then when I call I just find that they are still confused about what we taught them. We really don’t speak the same language as these people.  Yes, we speak Italian to them, but the gospel is a completely different language than what they are used to. One thing I know for sure is that the language of the spirit is universal and if they can listen to that language, then they will know the truth.  It’s been difficult but I’m very happy with what we have. I try to be thankful because I know all this good work won’t last forever. As much as I would like it to, eventually we will be back to the streets looking for people to teach.  



Anzianos Guzzle and Benson
I’m doing well and I’m searching to learn something every day. There isn’t a day that goes by that you can’t learn something new. It’s interesting that as many times as I have studied preach my gospel chapter 3 that I can always learn something more. It’s great. The time to just study the scriptures is one of my favorite times of the day. I always find really cool verses that go perfect for the lessons.  

The baptismal dates have been put on hold for now because we still have some doctrinal issues to work out with everyone, but for now things are still going well. I don’t think I’ve ever prayed for our investigators as much as I have in these last 3 months. I’ve been praying because we really need the hand of God in the lives of these people and well, they haven’t seen it yet. So we are just all asking the question when? When will He answer their prayers? When will He speak to them through the spirit, and when will they decide that this is the one true church? Oh I’m 100% of the time concerned about all these people who make up 5 investigators who are all in the boat of uncertainty about the message we have presented. I’m not sure what to do anymore.  We have tried so hard with them, but it’s down to the point where they have to accept or reject the message. We are waiting for 5 answers this week from each of these people. We have taught them, expounded the doctrine to them, and taught them how to pray and find answers to their prayers so we are hoping that we will get 5 yeses and not 5 no’s after 3 months of teaching these people.  It’s going to be a tough week I can tell, but it’s also exciting so I’m really happy for everything. At the end of the day I know who is running this show, and thank goodness it’s not me. It’s the good one above. He’s so much better at managing all this than I am, so I’m glad we are on the same team here. Well those are my thoughts for the week. I love you all and you are all so great. I’m thankful for the gospel.
Love you mom and dad and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment