Sunday, August 25, 2013

Such A Blessing to Serve Here

August 14, 2013
Family, all has been going so so here. I’m happy because we haven’t had to drop anyone yet, but anxious because all of our investigators are hanging on by a thread. There isn’t much I can do anymore it’s in the hands of God. I just worry a lot about it now. The family that we had dinner with when Anziano Davis was here wasn’t super interested, but from the beginning we knew that the daughter who is 20 years old was elect. Well, she has just caught the spirit of the book of Mormon and will finish it this week.  Anyways it has been a real pleasure to teach some of these people. They have challenged my testimony and put my own knowledge to the test. I can’t say that I have a perfect knowledge, but I can’t wait until I do when my life is all said and over here on earth. When we can all learn the mystery of "where gods began to be.

Wheww! Man I thought I was getting a letter about a dead dog. That would have been terrible! For the first time I would have actually missed the darn dog if he decided to kick the bucket. He probably just got some of the flu for dogs or something. Thank goodness he is all right.

Grandma, it’s been such a blessing to serve here. In this recent period we have had just some really tough investigators in the sense that we teach them, but they don’t believe us and won’t get baptized because they haven’t received an answer. Well it makes it rather hard because we have been teaching all these people for so so long and they are such good people but they don’t seem to come to a right conclusion on what they should do with the knowledge they are receiving. It’s been a little stressful, but it’s also been very fun because they keep asking questions I’ve never thought of, and they force us to go and search doctrine and truths that we have never come across. Sometimes I feel that the Lord is teaching me more than them. The truth that has just struck me the most is this. "As man is now, God once was. As God is now man can become." I know it’s true, the spirit has borne witness to it, and it’s the divine destiny of the righteous. I can’t wait till that day when I have the chance to fulfill that doctrinal truth. Love you so much grandma and thank you so much for everything you do for the family! Thanks a million for giving me $50, I saw these super cool Italian shoes the other day that are on half off and I was thinking what I could do to get them since I ran out of money haha. But now I think I might be able to get them! You’re the best! I congratulate Jordan and I’m just too thrilled that he has chosen to serve the Lord. The mission really has changed me more than the people I have taught and for that I’m so thankful for the chance to serve. Love you and have a good week! Dio vi benedica!

Grandpa, Wow I can’t believe how green it is there. The photos are amazing! Bummed knee huh? Well that’s no fun sorry to hear about that. Hope all will get worked out. Props for getting around Europe on a bummed knee eh? Things are going well here. The weather is starting to cool down a little bit, fall here is really really nice compared to what I am used to in Idaho so I will be enjoying every second of it. Time here is going fast and I’ve been having lots of fun, even though I’m always dead dog tired. It’s like the jet lag never went away haha. Well have a great week grandpa. Thanks for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment