Sunday, August 25, 2013

Finally Saw Anziano Salmon

August 21, 2013



Anziano Benson and Salmon
Well after much struggle much battle and strife with many of these just good people we are not sure what to do. They just don’t trust God enough in this moment and time to make a covenant. So we have 3 people in a middle boat of neither progressing or digressing, we lost 1, and confirmed a bap date! For September 2! This girl is 20 years old is an only child and lives with her mom dad and grandma. This is the same family that me and Anziano Davis went to and ate dinner with that one time. The rest of the family needs some time and we haven’t had a full blown shot to teach them all, but the daughter just absolutely loves this church. She read the entire book of Mormon in 4 weeks and has moved onto Doctrine and Covenants and has arrived at section 74 in just 1 day. She is so elect we are not sure what to do with her. We can’t give her enough to read! She just eats it up! Its insanity. Anyways since we couldn’t figure out what to do with her we figured we should just do nothing else than baptize her haha. So yes, the 2nd of September is the baptism. We still have to pass over some of the commandments but we don’t see any problems. She’s a good honest in heart young lady. I’ve just been blown away at the teaching process we have had with her.  Anyway I’m really excited because I am not sure if my time here in Lecco has come to an end but I will be leaving if I go with a baptism in hand. We have, as they say in Italian, lottato for these investigators and have lost a few, kept a few, and will be baptizing 1. It’s been a little bit frustrating because I’ve gotten so attached to some of these people, but they aren’t reading or coming to church so we will probably have to do some drop lessons in the next few weeks. Sometimes that’s what you have to do. But I love Missionary work, its great! I need to do a better job at staying in contact with the new converts in Busto. I haven’t heard from them since I left. I will have to send them a letter. Well Sorry that I’m short on time but I wanted to say that I saw Anziano Salmon! (friend of Drew's from his home ward in Idaho) I chatted with him and it was really really good to see him. It was awesome. It’s funny to see him all the way here in Italy. I got a picture but I will send it next week. Anyways Love you so much! Anziano Benson
Friends and both from the same home ward in Idaho


No comments:

Post a Comment