Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Work, Work, Work

May 22, 2013

Well not much new this week. Work work work. I’m in the middle of the grind now and I’m half way through my mission so things should be getting done. We are having good success but not as much as we would like. It’s also getting a little harder for me to stay focused and not lose faith. Man, I will not exaggerate but I am so positive that I have rang 10,000 doors. That is a big number and out of those I have entered into the homes of 4 people and taught them the gospel. 1 of 4 accepted to learn more. I after ringing all those doors I have lost faith. I said, well I’ve been out here a year and what makes any of the times I’ve prayed asking for direction to guide us to those that will accept us and never gotten in. Well I regained the faith and went out and knocked, and didn’t get in haha.  But the moral of the story is that we need to have faith no matter what. The mission is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Just when you think all is well you fall into the natural man. It’s so easy to get distracted. I’ve forgotten normal life was like, but all I can say is that I hope is a little easier than being a missionary. 

We should be having 2 baptisms this week. 1 for sure, but maybe 2. Tomorrow is the yes or no lesson on baptism so we will see if we can work out the bumps before then! It’s great to have baptism, but I don’t know these people as well as Anziano Christiansen or Ramey so it’s not quite like the last baptism where I contacted, found, taught, invited, and baptized and confirmed the Ramirez family. Here I just showed up in the middle and got the baptism. I like to do the work and get see the reward rather than no work and get a reward. But anyways I mean I can’t complain. 2 baptims! It’s great!

Congrats on gradation Ellis. I’m very proud of you and wish I could be there! Looks like the party is over though haha. Benvenuta to the real life!

We had an ok week. It was not bad but not what we would have asked for. But that ok. We have about 4 solid gators and are trying to work with some of the members. The only problem is that the members all live really far away. But we are working it out and getting some help. The ward trusts us, but we are looking to make that trust better so that we can work together. If you want a lot of baptisms, get the ward excited about missionary work and they will hop on board right away bring miracles. The members are really awesome, they are just busy like everyone else in the world we can’t always call them up and bug them haha. I haven’t had the chance to take pictures yet. But we will try to get some this week. We are going hiking in the mountains around town for our p-day today so it should be fun. We are going to a church up on the top of the mountains. So we will be having some good fun. Happy Birthday Ellis and enjoy the freedom. Annie, stay away from dentists because if you become one I’ll never talk to you again, and the others. Carry on. Tell grandma and grandpa hello! And that I did see the scarfs! And I want one pined up on my wall so when I get home and is hanging there! Is Mckayla going this summer on the trip to Europe? Well love you and thanks for everything.
 
Anziano Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment