Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Lord Will Take Care of the Rest?

May 29, 2013


At top of hike.  Lecco in Background
Ellis finally graduated huh? I bet mom and dad are glad that graduation is all over. haha. It sounds like it was a mad house there and that it was just crazy, but glad to hear that it is calming down. I got dads email and I’m starting to act more like my old man every day. He was like yeah Ellis doesn’t have a job, and I’m like what! What has she been doing, doesn’t she know that she had a hard time last summer and spent forever looking for a job. I’m not much of a teenager anymore. And I finally have to shave every day. It was cool for like a week and now it’s just annoying, but at the same time it’s about time I got some manliness. 

Elder Ramey and me on the Big Hike
Things are going well! We had 2 baptisms this week! And they were great! We are very happy and I hope that the ward will keep growing here. It wasn’t long ago that this ward was a branch. And since Anziano Ramey has been here there have been 4 baptisms which is really good, plus he reactivated some families and so now the ward is a good size. We are hoping to get some more baptisms in June; we even got some names to go with our bap date goals that we could potentially reach. In the end thought do the best and the Lord with take care of the rest? Just make sure that your best really is your best haha. You can’t be slouchy and say oh well that’s my best. No its not! Quit being lazy and really give it all you got and you would be surprised how much further you will make it.

Last pday we did an awesome hike and I think the pictures say it all. It was the most beautiful hike in the world probably. I’m not just saying that either. But man oh man did we pay the price. That was a HARD hike. Super steep, the steepest I’ve ever seen. No switchbacks at all, straight up the rock face. I was beat afterwards. I swore to myself that I would never do it again, but after a few days I might try it again haha. I say that thought while I’m in the comfort of the city, not when I’m exhausted on the face of the mountain. It was so much fun though.

Downtown Lecco
It’s been really Rainey here, about 6 of 7 days it rains and when we do get a break it just picks back up a few hours later. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much rain in my life. Seriously it’s crazy. But I will take this rain over the heat dead august. Oh man that was pretty bad, I hope it’s not as hot as last summer. I don’t like the heat like that. I do love Lecco, but I would still like to get back down to the Toscana zone haha. I love it too much. I mean Lecco is a super beautiful city! But I would like to go back there eventually. It’s my favorite area so far. And I am getting old and have not done much time in other cities so I haven’t got a good taste of the different culture. Lecco and Busto is pretty much the same accent culture and food, but Toscana they speak way different and they have different food. I like all the variations in the language though; it’s not like in the states. Really we all speak the same except down in the south. It’s not like that here, they speak all different accents, plus the local dialect which isn’t just a change of a few words or accent, but a completely different language that has its roots from Italian, but is usually mixed with languages like French of German or whatever else is near Italy making it a little complex. But it makes for the experience and makes it all fun and interesting. I would like to study a good amount of Italian when I get home but I’m almost certain they don’t have it at BYUI, so I might transfer to Provo to better my grammar and stuff like that. They also have an Italian home in Provo, where the native Italians who go to BYU can live, RMs, and students who are taking Italian, the landlord is Italian as well, which would be the funniest thing ever. I might just finish up a year at BYUI and then transfer; I hope to have a good sum of money saved up by then as well since I will have already worked a summer and a winter. Well not much to report on here. Just another week. All is good and I’m happy to be here. Love you all and have a good week!

Anziano Benson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment