Friday, April 5, 2013

Kicking Into High Gear

April 3, 2013
Well after kind of a slouchy week here in Busto we kicked it into high gear to get some things moving. We had only 3 lessons last week and this week we are on track to do 15. We hope. But the weather here was pretty terrible. It just rains, and rains, and rains and does not stop. Finally after a week of rain the sun came out and its about 70 degrees today. Feels so good. Next week suit coats off so hopefully the weather warms up so I can hatch the shell into short sleeves. Easter was good, and everyone was on vacation, except us haha. And we had the day light savings change here and now I am really really tired. I was doing great until we messed up the sleeping schedule! Oh well Ill adjust.
I Hit the big 20 this month and its starting to freak me out a bit that I’ve been alive for 2 decades. Seems like yesterday it was still like 2006 or something but now it’s 2013 and it’s just going by really fast. I’m picking up on some good cooking so I’m pretty content with that. I’ve been taking tips and hints from all the Italian chef masters here in the ward haha. They have been training me well and I like cooking now. I’ve got about 5 different sauces to try so far and then some different recipes with meat as well. Every meal appointment we have I try to get the recipe from them and learn how to do it. So far it’s worked really well. I’ve discovered the Italian way is simpleness and cheese. The better the taste of the cheese the better the pasta, lasagna, ect. You have to buy the $11 a pound cheese if you want good Italian food. The cheese at home is an embarrassment, and an outright offence to any European; that anyone would produce such a thing and then ask people to buy such a failure. That’s called American cheese.
 Well anyway things are going good and we are working on a bap date. We go on Friday to set one and we are praying that she will accept it. Not to mention my time here is probably drawing to a close and I really want to be here for the Baptism, especially since I’ve been teaching this family since January and they have been coming to church and everything it would be a shame to not be here for it! I might use that as leverage for getting her in the water haha.
The whole time Anziano Heaton and I have been searching for Busto jerseys and we finally found some! So we will have to go check them out. It’s hard to find jerseys for the Seri b teams here because they are a lot smaller and usually only sell them at the games, which we cannot go to. So it’s like next to impossible to find them. Sounds like a great Birthday gift. Hint hint.
Well everyone take care.  Love you!
Anziano Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment