Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Trust, Act, Do

Anziano Heaton and Anziano Benson

Trainers with new Trainee's
"We live on these bikes."
February 20, 2013
Well this week turned out to be good. I’m telling the 100% honest truth.  Anziano Heaton is adjusting to the Italian way.  He was too hard on himself the first few days with the language but he’s still plugging along and getting into the groove. He will feel so much better when he knows the language, but that takes time, and we are working hard with the mission language training program to get him there. Before you know it, he will be a pro. He is a good kid and fun to hang out with. Anziano Heaton is the oldest in his family and has 3 younger brothers (what would it be like to have all brothers instead of all sisters?) and loves soccer as much as I do. We have been getting along well. He seems to have adjusted himself after 2 pizzas last week so not too bad! I think we are going to go buy a soccer ball to go knock around a little and maybe juggle a bit for morning exercise.  So Mom, about that.  I know you love me so don’t get mad at me for taking out €20 to buy a soccer ball to do exercise in the morning ok? Maybe just put some more money in my account so Dad doesn’t stress haha? (Drew seems to take out 20 euros every other week for something; actually it’s more like 60 euros hence his parents getting after him about it.) I know your thinking “now there is the real Drew!” But instead you could say, it’s like helping God because when you’re in the service of your fellow men you are only in the service of God no? Matthew 25:40 I think haha. And a soccer ball will help me relieve stress, which will help me work harder, and find more people, and baptize more right? Which is helping God gather his children in these last days. Can’t say no to that haha. And besides,  Anziano Heaton will feel so much more at home with a soccer ball at his feet, so how about that justification if you ever heard one haha.
 
 Anyway, we are not planning on see any great sights today for p-day and there is nothing much to do here in Busto, so we will most likely just eat, do laundry, and rest haha. Busto is not the most beautiful place in Italy, but I absolutely love the city. The members really are super awesome here and I love going to church and seeing everyone just so happy and being Italian. The people and the culture is just the best. Especially the occasional passionate Italian conversation. I’m not sure why, but I’ve developed a habit of acting like them. I hope that I don’t start waving too many fists and hand gestures when I get back or people will think I’m crazy haha. Well, not much to report here. We had some good rejections on solid bap invites, but they are still coming to church! So fine with me if they still come every week. They will eventually get baptized.

 Well, Love you all and remember that the Lord has great things planned for each and every one of us and you will not be disappointed if you follow what he wants you to do. He knows all things, sees all things, and knows what will happen. Therefore the only logical path is the Lords path, there is no other way because his way is the only one, and perfect way to the maximum potential you have in this life. Don’t doubt but trust, act, do and he will guide you. Have a good week and talk to you soon.
Anziano Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment