Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lecco here I come

Man transfer calls were crazy! Usually the assistants call but I just called them and asked them were I am going haha (after 7 months in Busto it was an easy guess that I was leaving).  We usually you get a call Monday anytime after 10:00 am until 9:00 pm and they never called so I thought I was staying in Busto, but then I called them and they told me that I will be going to Lecco! I’m still in a big ward!  I’m really excited about going to Lecco.  I’m not sure if we have bikes or not but I’ll be glad to ditch the bike.   I’m sick of them.  We just broke Anziano Heatons bike the other day and so now we are on foot which is dooming yourself to being stuck in Legnano and we do not have a way to get to Busto to do the work.  We don’t have a bike shop in the area and I have been through this before because I already had this problem with Anziano Merrill and so it has been hectic trying to figure out how to get to Busto. To be honest Busto was good but it’s time to get a move on and get some other things done.  I did my time (which was forever 7 months) and well I’m ready.  My new comp will be Anziano Ramey; I think that’s how you spell it. He was Anziano Christiansen’s old comp from Idaho Falls so he gets 2 Idaho comps haha.

Anziano Heaton and Benson with Legnano Futbol Scarves
The work back in Busto is going pretty good this past week, but it’s slowed down quite a bit.  We have 2 solid investigators.  One is 20 so we are hoping he will convert and go on a mission.  He’s needed right now in the field and he’s really interested so I’m really happy about that.  Other than that I don’t have much to say, they are getting the Palio di Legnano going here, but its rather lame compared to the beauty of Siena. Kind of like American Pasta and Italian pasta, we all know one is the original and that the original just is way better even though in theory they are the same thing. I will be gone for it, but Anziano Heaton will be around for it, but it’s on Sunday so they won’t be able to see it haha. Bummer oh well.

Well I hear Lecco is a beautiful city on Lake Como but on the other side of the mountains from the city of Como.  It’s got a lake and some good work so what more could I ask for? Unfortunately I won’t be able to see Sorella Astel because they take her to Milano 2 church to meet her trainer and I just go to the Milano Centrale train station and meet with a big group and then we swap and go and that’s about it. So unless she’s in my zone I won’t be able to see her.

I will think about a time for Skype, but I will have to also work it out with my companion because his family has church as well.  I’ll let you know next week or so. Well I bet your glad mom got a job now. Things sure change fast at home, I mean holy cow Ellis is graduated!!! What in the world is going on? It will be such a different world at home.

Well good weather looks like it’s here to stay. At least it is warm.  When it rains it rains at it is 65 degrees not 33 so that’s good.

Well have a good week and hear from you guys in Lecco!

Anziano Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment