Thursday, August 23, 2012

Win Some Lose Some

August 22, 2012

Palio was awesome!  I’m going to skimp on the details a bit and leave it at that but there are not too many words to describe it haha. I hope you got to see it on the internet! It was a lot of fun but also a little too crazy for my taste. Waiting 4 hours in the hot sun next to a bunch of smokers and shirtless half naked people really isn’t that fun to see 90 seconds of horse race that I couldn’t even see because there were too many people in the way with their ipads and cameras in my face. Almost got trampled by the winning Contrada and lots of other stuff haha, but all in all it made for an amazing pday, and well I’m not on vacation so it’s back to work. Starting to see Dads point of view haha. There’s work, there is play, but there’s always just more work to do and that’s the way life is.

Hot, Hot Hot! We drink more than 4 liters of water in a day easily and the water here is not very good. It’s drinkable but it has high calcium content causing kidney stones in long term so we have to pack bottles of water home on pday... fun! Not haha. But everything is all good and we are finding joy in the work. I’m finally adjusting to life here and the language is always in progress, however I would like to say I have achieved what could be called fluent. I can speak, understand and write most of what I want. Granted I still have tons to learn, and I still don’t know a lot of words, but I have achieved what I didn’t think was possible and the language is no longer a struggle. Now it’s just a matter of finding new ways to say things and learning infinite nouns haha. And yes my spelling is getting worse and worse in English! That’s a good thing though!

Update on the work
Well you win some and you lose some. We’ve lost and gained investigators. We lost an elect last week and we gained one. Our first lesson with our new investigator is today and we now have a baptismal date with a newer investigator-although we are not sure if the baptism will happen. There are a number of ridiculous problems I can’t begin to explain, but we are praying hard and placing it in the Lords hands because it’s past our abilities to help here remain here and we are doing our best. She is elect though and we are continuing to prepare her for baptism! Other than trying to teach a few Catholic Priests about the book of Mormon, we didn’t know they were priest’s haha, and almost getting mugged this week all is good! Wish we could get some rain. Signore Elnebawe moved to Egypt so no more free pizza haha, he was the owner of a pizzeria. I’ll get a picture of him for you all. He’s CRAZY! Haha-Love that guy.

Well I love hearing from all of you and at times I can’t say everything I want, I do read everything and care about everything you guys do. Thank you for the Pictures! Anni already looks older! Good luck on soccer Ellis, and Dad have fun on your century ride in Utah with Uncle Buddy.

Also I might get a Siena calcio jersey because they are half off so watch the bank for me if I buy one ok? They are £40 so not too bad for a long sleeve official jersey. And they are sponsored but Monte dei Paschi di Siena, first and oldest bank in the world as they invented banking in1472 crazy huh?!

 Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment