Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Love the People Here

Decmeber 5, 2012

Family, so good to hear from you.  You asked about Thanksgiving and the gravy and well, the ward wanted 3liters of gravy and well we just couldn’t buy €40 of roast so we decided just to make some brownies and they all went crazy for them because there is nothing even close to them here. We had a lot of fun and they even made some pumpkin pie for us Americans. Hahaha no way!? Well as for Christmas I have no idea. Usually we can Skype but we do it from a member’s house and seeing how we don’t have any member appointment for Christmas it might not happen. I actually don’t know what we will do. We don’t even have a way to call so you guys might not get to hear from me except email. No fun...
Allison is coming here?!!!!!!!!! (Sorella Astel. A girl from our ward that lives 5 houses down. Anziano Benson grew up with her)I’m so happy haha! that’s awesome! I just laughed super hard when I heard she is coming. I don’t even know what to think anymore. Who next, Katie Chase? haha I’m not sure what’s going on but I guess there is something in the water in Idaho Falls huh?
 
Hey I’m glad you get to meet Anziano Smith’s mom! I miss Anziano Smith and I’m sad that I won’t get to see him again until I get home but he’s done his time and he’s off to college! He said he would come see you guys when he’s in the area.
As for the packages I got nothing so. Bo non lo so?
Italians go all out for Christmas
They hang lights up on all the streets.
As far as the work goes, it’s getting better. I think there is some improvement that we can do on our end of the deal, but we are building up some potential investigators to see. Mxxxxx is still going good and he will get the priesthood in 3 weeks so he can baptize this 8 year old. Super awesome! We just need him to keep reading the book of Mormon and he will be set! We may not have any other investigators but hey at least we are baptizing! It could be worse and we could have absolutely no one... but instead we have at least someone who is ready. Busto has really just put me to the test. And I think I failed that test, but that’s why we have the Lord because my best isn’t enough and sometimes you just have to work hard and do all that you can and let the Lord steer the ship. It really is tough when you go weeks on end of no one having interest in the gospel, and I don’t even understand why it is that way. But I will say that once you find those elect Italians they give everything to the church and they don’t lose their testimony. The opposition is hard here because Satan knows that these are some of the most strong believing people in the world. This is where Christianity has reigned since the time of Christ and everyone has a belief in god here. They just don’t know how to find the truth in the world of confusion between religions. Nor do they want change. But I love the people here even though they yell at me and use words that I don’t know what they mean haha. And of course there is the occasional Jehovah witness who try to bible bash us which is pointless. But life goes on. Well hope you are enjoying the holidays. Don’t work too hard. Love you all.

Anziano Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment