Friday, June 22, 2012

2 Weeks and 4 Days to Italy


June 21, 2012
Top of Form

The dearelder.com is having issues with my mail.  I haven’t been getting letters this past week because someone has my exact same name they have not been giving me my mail because they actually print the dear elders on a huge sheet of paper so multiple notes from different people get put on the same page. I would ask people to hand write letters if they could, but if that is too much make sure you follow the exact address and name including:


Anziano Andrew Jeff Benson
MTC mailbox #216
ITA-MIL 0710
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Ut 84604-1793

This last week has been pretty crazy. The Quorum of the Twelve and the First Presidency are arriving this Saturday so they are closing off entire buildings and having added security.  It should be interesting. We have a "special Tuesday devotional" this week so we are all assuming it to be really good.

It’s been really rough going this week. I haven’t had a companion for 2 weeks because of his shoulder surgery and now he might go home since his stay here is extended to a total of 15 weeks. Lessons are terrible.  We have digressed in teaching investigators and the Italian is not good because we have missed so much class going to the doctor and physical therapy. We find out today if he goes home. Living and learning from the experience. The Lord definitely has a plan and so far I have learned to be more patient and open. I’ve also learned how to be a leader and help others more even when it’s not required. I know there is more to come from this experience and more to learn, I just haven’t figured out what it is completely yet.

Other random news. The laundry room was closed this morning due to a gas leak. Kind of random ha-ha. But I finally got my laundry in well about now which is 11:00 am. Normally we do laundry at 6:30 am. It’s a zoo in here! Way too many people. You have to kick and scratch to get you laundry in with hundreds of other missionaries.

Counting down the days now. 2 weeks 4 days till I leave. It’s getting crazy around here getting ready to wrap it up here. We got the new Italians yesterday! They are all so excited to be here and we love getting new people. There are only 6 Anziani though. And the rest are 6 Sorelle...? That’s not usual. My district has 1 sister out of the 15 of us. Everything is going good here and there isn’t anything new to report on. Just doing my best.

Love everyone and I am doing well. Had a hard week, not the best, but you just keep going. I totaled up the Hillcrest kids here and I think there are about 25+ of us here or something like that. It’s really cool to see all the people we know stepping up and serving missions. The church is true!

Love
Anziano Benson


No comments:

Post a Comment